Monte del Sol Charter School
Position Description: Performing Arts Teacher
Monte del Sol Charter School is seeking a dynamic, fun-loving Performing Arts Teacher to fill a part-time position with our family. Must hold a current New Mexico state teaching license. Teaching and performing experience preferred. The qualified hire will teach grades 7-12 and will be expected to offer instruction in music (including choir), theater, and other performing arts courses as needed. If interested, please send resume and cover letter to
or contact Jennifer Sanchez at (505) 982-5225 ex. 106.
Position Decription: Business Manager for 2013-2014
Monte del Sol Charter School is an independent secondary school within the Santa Fe Public School District. Our school maintains rigorous educational standards and promotes extensive community mentoring and arts-based programs and curricula.
- Has a middle school & high school with a total population of 360 students
- Provides a small school environment
- Acknowledges and celebrates diversity
- Maintains a consistently high graduation rate
- Fosters awareness of the world with exchange & communication programs
- Has a renowned mentorship program
- Will be the Chief Financial Officer
- Will be the Chief Operational Officer
- Will be responsible for the school's business, financial, budgetary & reporting functions
- Will be responsible for the school's facility administration
- Will be responsible for the school's human resources & payroll functions
- Will possess a valid NM School Business Official license
- Will have experience in a school or college setting
- Ideally, will have experience with AptaFund accounting software
This position starts July 1, 2013, but it may start as early as June 3, 2013. Salary & benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. Monte del Sol is an equal opportunity employer. Monte del Sol does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sex, age, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, please e-mail a letter of interest & resume to:
Application closing date: May 31, 2013. The position will remain open until filled.
The New Mexico Coalition for Charter Schools (NMCCS)
Position: Chief Financial Officer/Director of Financial Services
The New Mexico Coalition for Charter Schools (NMCCS) has an immediate need for an exceptional individual as its new Chief Financial Officer/Director of Financial Services (CFO). Reporting to the NMCCS' Chief Executive Officer, the CFO helps to direct and implement the NMCCS' organizational initiatives and programs to support charter schools throughout New Mexico.
Title: Chief Financial Officer/Director of Financial Services
Objective: The CFO/Director will play a critical role in developing, implementing, and monitoring the financial and fund-raising strategies. S/he will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary policies for the organization- such as sound planning, financial, accounting, auditing, risk management practices, and compliance functions.
Summary: This individual will be a key member of the senior management team with responsibility for overseeing financial, administrative, human resource, IT, and communication functions. The CFO/Director is responsible for developing new business opportunities to support revenue diversification. He/she will help ensure that the proper infrastructure, policies, processes and controls are in place to effectively and efficiently run an organization with a multi-million dollar annual budget.
Salary: DOE. Salary Increases will be considered and shall be determined by the incumbent's performance evaluation subject to the approved budget.
Status: Full time exempt employee.
- Develop, implement, and manage operations systems, standards, and processes
- Develop new business partnerships for the organization that support revenue diversification
- Expand membership base to include businesses and individuals
- Assist CEO in implementing the approved strategic plan
- Support effective decision-making and planning through financial and management analyses, performance indicators, reports and recommendations
- develop systems to efficiently track budget
- Develop and implement a written fund development plan for board approval
- Identify and monitor areas of potential risk, and implement strategies to mitigate as appropriate
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make recommendations on strategy and operations
- Assist in developing and managing systems to track performance of grantees, ensuring organizational accountability
- Process Management- Good at figuring out the process necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to seperate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Ability to successfully demonstrate sales mastery- has a proven track record in sales, is comfortable making cold calls and setting up appointments, feels confident in asking for the sale and talking about money, and has a strong drive for success, has written goals that are specific and measurable. Knows how to do consistent, effective prospecting- knows how many calls to make daily, makes the agreed upon calls, is proactive in getting referalls.
- Strategic Agility- Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately, is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pcitures of services that produce revenue; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Interpersonal Savvy- Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate raport; listens; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; truly values people; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Results Oriented- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Innovation Management- Has good judgement about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace; is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market.
- Presentation Skills- Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, subordinates, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn't working.
- Managing Vision and Purpose- Creates and communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; sees beyond today; sees possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations; is charismatic.
- Perseverance- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing; especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- New Mexico Business License
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- 5 years successful experience as a School Business Manager
- 5 years executive experience with demonstrated success in leading organizational initiatives
Key Indicators for success in this position include:
- Execellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work with multiple levels of stakeholders on a number of process initiatives simultaneously
- the drive and determination to meet mutually agreed upon goals and timelines
- The ability to motivate staff to achieve organizational strategic objectives is essential
- An articulated belief in the mission of NMCCS
- The ability to travel and work outside regular business hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Willing and able to make last minute changes to accommodate job responsibilities
- Willing and able to use personal vehicle for local traveling on agency business
- Valid NM driver's license and proof of insurance
- Integrity and a sense of humor
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter by June 1, 2013 to:
Dr. Bruce Hegwer, Executive Director
NMCCS, 610 Gold Ave. SW, Suite 102, Albuquerque, NM 87102
The NMCCS is an equal opportunity employer.
The Learning Community Charter School
Position: Governance Board Members
The Learning Community Charter School is recruiting for two Governance Board members business/community. Please send letter of interest to
. Do not call or mail to school.
The Learning Community Charter School has a vacancy for a Principal position with strong leadership skills and Principal experience. Deadline May 31, 2013. Please send Letter of interest; resume and three letters of reference of former supervisors. Send via email:
. Do not call the school.
Ralph J. Bunche Academy
School Summary: Ralph J. Bunche Academy is a K-8 school with an emphasis on technology and interdisciplinary common core standards based projects, with an Afrocentric focus. Staff creates differentiated, challenging projects around established school wide themes. We are looking for individuals who are creative, self-starters who want to work as a team.
Position: 7th - 8th Combination Teacher
- NM K-8 teacher's license. Preference given to endorsements in math and/or science
- Prefer at least 1 year teaching experience
- Team Player
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- High degree of flexibility
- Knowledge of E2020/Edgenuity platform preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of of the following: Common Core Standards, Project Based Learning, Interdisciplinary Thematic Units, Technology as a Tool for Learning, Concept of Afrocentric Curriculum
Position: 1st - 2nd Combination Teacher
- NM K-8 teacher's license. Preference given to endorsements in TESOL
- Prefer at least 1 year teaching experience
- Team Player
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the following: Common Core Standards, Project Based Learning, Interdisciplinary Thematic Units, Technology as a Tool for Learning, Concept of Afrocentric Curriculum, Strategies for teaching reading and math
Fore more information, please contact Dr. Penne Wilson at: 505-292-0100
New Mexico Connections Academy
New Mexico Connections Academy is a free online public virtual school serving students in grades 4-12 throughout the state of New Mexico. NMCA is chartered through the New Mexico Public Education Commission and gives students the flexibility to learn at home while helping each student maximize his or her potential to meet the highest performance standards through uniquely individualized learning programs.
Position & Responsibilities: Working from our office in Santa Fe, New Mexico, the Principal will manage teachers as they use the phone and internet to consult regularly with learning coaches and students, ensuring that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program. The Principal is responsible for the overall school operation working with parents, students, support staff and certified teachers who "virtually" facilitate a home-based student instructional program.
- New Mexico Administrator License Required, Level 3B
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience and some high school administrative or mangement experience
- Bachelor's and Master's Degree from a regionally accredited college/university
- New Mexico Teaching credential Level 3A required
- Passage of the New Mexico Teacher Assessment and the Content Knowledge Assessment in Educational Administration
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Team player
- Technologically proficient (especially with Microsoft Office products)
Position: Secondary Teachers
Position & Responsibilities: Working from our office in Santa Fe, New Mexico, certified Teachers will "virtually" manage instructional programs. Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program.
- Highly qualified and certified to teach Secondary Social Studies in New Mexico (appropriate to grade level and content area responsibilities)
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focsed approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Team player track record
- Willingness to travel on occasion for marketing and state testing events (may require occasional overnight travel)
- Ability to work remotely, if necessary
- Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as need to support some families
Positions Availble for the 2013-2014 School Year:
- Secondary English Teacher
- Secondary Math Teacher
- Secondary Social Studies Teacher
- Secondary Science Teacher
Please visit www.connectionsacademy.com/jobs to apply!
William W. & Josephine Dorn Charter School (WWJDCS)
The William W. & Josephine Dorn Charter School is currently seeking K-3 certified teachers for the 2013-2014 school year.
The Ideal candidate must have at least 3-5 years of experience working in a public/charter school organization, an understanding of project based learning and understanding a state charter school program. These Individuals will exhibit high self motivation and devote themselves to the learning opportunities and welfare of WWJDC's students. Fluent in Spanish preferred.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Dr. Elisabeth Valenzuela, WWJDC School, P.O. Box 25322, Albuquerque, NM 87125
San Diego Riverside Charter School
Principal for Innovative K-8 Public Charter School
Established in 1999 at a unique educational setting in Jemez Pueblo, northwest of Albuquerque, San Diego Riverside Charter School invites an effective, experienced school leader to join our enthusiastic staff for the 2013-2014 school year. Experience with charter school operations, school improvement, common core standards, and culture/language programs is very desirable. Must possess NM administrative license with exceptional skills in school budget, collaborative teams, communication and program management. Contract: Negotiable. Deadline: May 31 to accept letters of interest & current resumes at: PRINCIPAL POSITION, SDRCS, PO Box 99, Jemez Pueblo, NM 87024, Phone: 575-834-7419 Fax: 575-834-9167 or email:
. Info: http://sandiegoriverside.webs.com
New Mexico Virtual Academy
K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expecations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K12 a great place to work. We are anticipating multiple hiring needs in all grade levels and all subjects statewide!
Requirements ANTICIPATING THAT TEACHERS WILL BE NEEDED!
Ideal candidates will have:
- New Mexico state Teaching certificate (Elementary, Secondary, or Special Education)
- 3+ years teaching experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or professional experience
- Appropriate state certification
- Meets state's NCLB's Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Experience using search engines (Internet)
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Very self-motivated
- Flexible schedule
- Experience coordinating academically-oriented clubs and extracurricular activities
- Ability to travel at least once per month and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
The ideal teacher candidates will also have:
- Experience working with the proposed age groups (Elementary/Secondary)
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g. database and web-based tools)
- An ability to support and guide adults as well as students
Ideal candidates will reside in New Mexico. Relocation is not offered. Local candidates only, please.
To express your interest please visit the K12 job board at www.k12.com/careers and apply for requisition 13-0205 Anticipating New Mexcio Teacher Positions for the 2013-2014 School Year Grades 6-12 Statewide/Any City NM
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
Vista Grande High School
Vista Grande High School is now accepting applications for School Director. The position is open until filled.
How to apply:
Application must be submitted by email to:
Please submit the following in a PDF format:
- Three current professional letters of recommendations (including cell and work phone numbers and email addresses for references)
- Letter of interest defining the strengths you bring to the position and your educational and leadership philosophy including your experience with/interest in our Expeditionary Learning model (www.elschools.org). Please cite specific and measurable examples from your practice that have resulted in closing the academic achievement gap.
- A completed employment application from our website.
Interviews of finalists will be scheduled. Vista Grande High School is an equal opportunity employer.
Vista Grande High School is an Expeditionary Learning School that emphasizes thematic integrated learning. Our teachers plan the curriculum together, integrating their subjects into long-term thematic units called "Learning Expeditions." We're committed to developing the whole student- head, heart and hands- not just the academic side. Our schedule combines academics with outdoor adventure, team building and service learning. We place importance upon character development, physical challenge, and artistic growth as well as nurturing the intellect. We emphasize learning through direct experience by involving students in the community and natural environment. We also emphasize community service and community mentorships for students. Now, VGHS community is seeking a new School Director, a visionary leader with experience and enthusiasm, for these approaches. VGHS is in its seventh year and our current enrollment capacity is 85 students.
VGHS is located Taos, New Mexico. Our culturally diverse student population is 30% Native American, 55% Hispanic and 15% Anglo. Our Free and Reduced Lunch Rate is over 80% and we are a Title 1 School. Additionally, our special education rate is over 30%.
Position: VISTA GRANDE HIGH SCHOOL DIRECTOR
Reports to Vista Grande Governing Council
Contract begins June 2013
Salary: $80,000 (minimum, depending on education and experience)
- Possession of/or ability to obtain the required New Mexico Level III - B Administrative license
- Masters in Education and minimum 5 years of teaching experience
- Strong commitment and experience with expeditionary learning and placed-based outdoor education
- Experience in competently managing complex schedules, public school reporting requirements and budgets
- Ability to work collaboratively with parent groups and District personnel
- Familiarity with core knowledge curriculum
- Strong community networking skills
- Ability to effect creative fundraising efforts
- Ability to work well in a culturally diverse community
Montessori of the Rio Grande Charter School
Interested in working in a highly established public charter school? Montessori of the Rio Grande Charter School has openings in our elementary school for the 2013-2014 school year. We are located in the historic Los Duranes neighborhood, nestled among the bosque. We are looking for dedicated and professional teachers and instructional assistants, with Montessori certification and New Mexico teaching licensure. Please submit your letter of interest and resume to
. Positions opened until filled.
Media Arts Collaborative Charter School
Due to growth and expansion, The Media Arts Collaborative Charter School is seeking highly qualified teacher applicants for the 2013-2014 school year in the following subjects:
- Spanish Language Instructor
- Middle School Humanities (Language Arts & Social Studies) Instructor
All candidates must be licensed for middle school and hold endorsements in core subjects. Interested parties, please email Glenna Voigt, Principal, with cover letter, resume and references at
Deming Cesar Chavez Charter High School
Deming Cesar Chavez Charter High School (Grades 9-12) in Deming, New Mexico, is seeking the following full-time positions for the 2013-2014 school year:
- Mathematics: The successful candidate should be certified to teach Algebra, Geometry, and Calculus or Trigonometry. Our competitve compensation package includes the following: BA Level 1- First Step $33,133.00; MA Level 1- First Step $36,239.00.
- Social Studies: The successful candidate should be certified to teach high school cources for Social Studies in New Mexico. Our competitive compensation package includes the following: BA Level 1- First Step $33,133.00; MA Level 1- First Step $36,239.00.
- Special Education: The successful candidate, in addition to working with students, staff, and parents, will also ensure that all IEP's, evaluations, and testing are in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. Our competitive compensation package includes the following: BA Level 1- First Step $33,133.00; MA Level 1- First Step $36,239.00.
- Music: The successful candidate should be certified to teach Music Theory, Ear Training, Beginning Composition, and Performance. Our competitive compensation package includes the following: BA Level 1- First Step $33,133.00; MA Level 1- First Step $36,239.00.
Deming Cesar Chavez Charter High School (Grades 9-12) in Deming, New Mexico, is seeking to hire 3 Educational Assistants for the 2013-2014 school year. Educational Assistants work with our teachers to provide direct services to students.
Duties and requirements are as follows:
- Able to work with students, staff, and parents
- Understands Microsoft Word and excel, and is willing and able to learn to use other software database programs
- Is able to provide a professional presence when answering telephones
- Assits staff when necessary
- Has a clean driving record which will allow for driving the school vehicle to retrieve breakfast, lunch, and U.S. Mail
- Must be Highly Qualified- An Associates Degree or higher and pass the Paraprofessional test- or is willing to become certified within the first semester of work
- Understands or is willing to learn techniques, policies, and practices of student instruction; emergency and safety procedures; office practices and procedures; and our school policies and procedures
Please apply for all positions through the REAP website. For questions, please contact as follows:
Paul Reeves, Principal
Deming Cesar Chavez Charter High School
315 E. First St.
Deming, NM 88031
Corrales International School
IB Middle Years Program (MYP) Teachers
Corrales International School- Albuquerque, NM
Corrales International School (CIS) is a tuition-free, multi-language (English, Spanish, Mandarin) charter school located in Albuquerque, NM.
CIS is the first authorized charter school for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP) in New Mexico, and is a candidate school for the IB Middle Years Program (MYP). IB schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that CIS believes is important for our students.
The mission of Corrales International School is to achieve, within the framework of the International Baccalaureate curriculum, excellence in bilingual education, promote international understanding and live and model its core values of respect, responsibility, connection with nature, and the joy of learning.
Vacancies for Middle Years Program (7th - 10th) Teachers
The above positions are full-time and effective August 1, 2013.
- Bachelor or advanced degrees
- Accredited teaching certificate- eligible for New Mexico teacher license
- Experience and a good track record in teaching in an IB Middle Years Program
- Proficiency in English
- Willingness to act as student advisor and participation in extra-curriucular programs
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Leadership experience a plus
To apply, please email the following to Dr. Elsy Diaz, Head of School:
- Your curriculum vitae
- A cover letter indicating the post you are applying for and why you feel you are well suited for the position
- Names and contact information of at least two references, one of whom should be your current employer
- Dr. Elsy Diaz's email address:
Mountain Mahogany Community School
Special Ed Teacher
Mountain Mahogany Community Charter School seeks an accomplished special ed. teacher. MMCS is a progressive, established, K-8 public charter that "envisions a joyous learning world in which public education and profound nuturing are synonymous". This candidate is sharp, resourceful and at ease when actively engaged with colleages, parents and administration. This candidate is skilled at classroom management, passionate about teaching a diverse group of students with myriad of educational needs, attuned to child development and values charter schools. For more information visit www.mountainmahogany.org. Please send a cover letter and resume to
La Jicarita Community School
La Jicarita Community School in Peñasco, NM, just south of Taos, will open this fall. We need two elementary certified teachers. In addition to a K-8 generalist license we would prefer to find teachers who have any of the following: a bilingual endorsement, a special education endorsement, a solid academic knowledge of both Spanish and English, experience in multi-grade classrooms, experience with Expeditionary Learning, experience in a dual-language program, experience teaching the sciences that are related to ecology, an interest in fine arts, or an interest in outdoors activities other than the traditional school sports. Please forward resume and licensure information to: Wes Clarkson by email at
or call 915-496-7933 for more information.
Roots & Wings Community School
Roots & Wings Community School in Questa, NM is looking for a certified Education Assistant for the 2013-2014 school year. Please contact Al Spungen at
or fax in a resume to 575-586-2087.
Turquoise Trail Charter School
Turquoise Trail Charter School, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Must be outstanding instructional leader, with experience addressing the needs of a diverse student population.
- Primary responsibility is to administer pre-K to 6th grade charter school wtih 525 students, a staff of 60, and an annual budget of $4.5 million. Focus will be to ensure that school meets high academic standards and that the teachers receive the resources and training to achieve those standards.
- Must have master's degree or higher and must hold or qualify for New Mexico 3-B Administrator's License.
- Minimum five years teaching experience, preferably in elementary school setting.
- Minimum three years administrative experience as a principal or in the development and implementation of instructional curriculum and successful student achievement programs.
- Must be a strong advocate of charter school movement.
Please apply at: http://www.applitrack.com/santafe
Cottonwood Valley Charter School
Cottonwood Valley Charter School in Socorro has an opening for a Math/Science Teacher, full time position for the 2013-2014 school year. This position requires NM licensure. We are a K-8 well established, and high achieving charter school with small class sizes and a supportive, engaged parent community. Contact Karin Williams at 575-838-2026 or
for more information. You may also visit our website at www.cottonwoodvalley.org.
Coral Community Charter School
Coral Community Charter School, the only single gender school in the state of New Mexico, is looking for elementary certified teachers who are innovative and caring for the 2013-2014 school year. Our unique, individualized program requires a strong commitment to differentiation. Please contact Mrs. Eldredge at (505)292-6725 for more information.
La Tierra Montessori School of the Arts & Sciences
La Tierra Montessori School of the Arts & Sciences, a public charter school, is now accepting applications for Teachers for the 2013-2014 school year. Candidates must hold a K-8 NM PED Teacher license and be willing to obtain Montessori certification. Bilingual or TESOL certification preferred. Interested applicants may send a cover letter and resume to
or LTMAS PO Box 1399 Española NM 87532. La Tierra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New America School - Las Cruces (NAS-LC)
The mission of NAS-LC is to empower new immigrants and English Language Learners with the educational tools and support they need to maximize their potential, succeed and live the American dream. The New America School - Las Cruces is seeking the following positions:
- Vice Principal (evening/nights)
- Special Education
- Music Teacher/Fine Arts
- Receptionist (bilingual preferred)
The anticipated demographics of the school include:
- 60% + with some interruption to their education
- 15% + of the students with children or pregnant mothers
- 80% + on Free/Reduced lunch
- 95% + English Language Learners
- a great majority working below grade level with few high school credits
All resumes should be sent to:
Academy of Trades & Technology
The Academy of Trades & Technology School Board seeks a dynamic, energetic, skilled educational leader with vision and expertise to partner with our dedicated faculty. Our Principal shall supervise, support, and instruct staff and serve a diverse student population. A strong background in counseling is helpful with out population. This person must have a central focus on cultivating our construction and graphic design trades while integrating community involvement and resources. The students have founded a construction and graphic design company called "Vision Builders, Inc." where the students work in those fields from management to employees and get paid through a non-profit grant. Expectations for this position are to be carried out in a manner that will ensure the continued goodwill, cooperation, and growth of our curriculum and programs. Please submit letter of interest and resume to Henry Lackey at
Taos Integrated School of the Arts
Taos Integrated School of the Arts (TISA) - Director
TISA is a K-8 state charter school located in Taos, NM. Taos is in northern New Mexico about 150 miles north of Albuquerque. TISA employs arts-integrated, thematic units to facilitate academic learning. Our mission is to educate the whole child in order to cultivate in young people the skills, knowledge, and values they need to reach their highest potential. TISA currently has 140 students K-7 and will add 8th grade in 2013-2014.
TISA mission: The Taos Integrated School of the Arts, in partnership with parents and community, provides K-8 students in the Taos, New Mexico with the opportunity to reach their maximum potential through a standards-based, multicultural, thematic, and arts-integrated curriculum. Arts integration creates more meangingful learning through using the arts- visual art, drama, music, dance- as a catalyst to create broader and deeper learning experiences. Taos is a multicultural community steeped in artistic tradition. TISA provides students with a multicultural worldview while utilizing thematic units and the arts to facilitate academic learning.
The successful applicant will be:
- A visionary educator with significant leadership experience
- A proven leader able to foster a professional, collaborative environment and develop and manage budgets
- An exceptional listener and communicator, with outstanding interpersonal skills, who has demonstrated the ability to build respect, trust and collaboration among all members of a school community
- A leader with experience in facilities management, State and Federal compliance issues and grant management
- A leader with the ability manage the daily operations of an elementary school within the context of the school mission
- Hold or be eligible for a New Mexico Level III B administrative license
- Have a minimum of three years of administrative experience
- Be available to begin work on July 1, 2013
Interested applicant should submit electronically to
- Letter of interest
- Copies of appropriate licensure
The Director search will remain open until position is filled. For optimal consideration, materials should be submitted by March 18, 2013. EOE
Taos Integrated School of the Arts (TISA) - Teacher
Looking for an upper grade teacher that holds appropriate license. TISA is an arts integrated thematic project based school. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current resume and employment application electronically to
. The posting will remain open until the position is filled. EOE
Employment application can be found at www.tisataos.com if you have any further questions, please call 575-758-7755.
Cottonwood Classical Preparatory School
Cottonwood Classical is devoted to developing highly skilled learners who, through a broad knowledge base, can analyze, synthesize and evaluate new information. Graduates will be prepared to enter and thrive at the world's finest colleges and universities and will be prepared for a fluid and dynamic 21st century workforce where cultural differences are studied, respected, and valued. We are a state-chartered charter school (grades 6-12) that focuses on high academic expectations, innovative instruction, and prepares all of our students for the rigorous IB Programme that we offer in 11th and 12th grade.
We will be moving to our new home on July 1, 2013, located at 7801 Jefferson, NE.
Due to upcoming increase in enrollment we are now accepting resumes for teaching positions in the middle school, high school and IB Diploma Programme, in all subject areas.
Candidates should have, or be in the process of obtaining, a valid and appropriate NM Teaching License.
Please send your resume to:
Gordon Bernell Charter School
1. Academic Counselor: New Mexico PED Licensed School Counselor positions available at Gordon Bernell Charter serving adult high school students at two campuses, in the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Detention Center and in downtown Albuquerque. Applicants must have experience with high school transcripts and graduation requirements; student information systems; employment and post-secondary transitions; and counseling students for school success. Correctional experience a plus.
Email resumes to Greta Roskom (
) or call (505)468-7702 for information. Job description available upon request.
2. Math Teacher: Gordon Bernell Charter School seeking NM Secondary-Level Licensed Math Teacher. Please send resume to
or call (505)468-7702 for information.
Rio Gallinas School for Ecology & the Arts
Rio Gallinas School for Ecology and the Arts, Las Vegas, New Mexico
Rio Gallinas School for Ecology and the Arts is an Expeditionary Learning charter school with a commitment to social justice and experiential learning. We have an excellent track record for hands-on learning inside and outside the classroom, and we are experienced and successful in developing engaging expeditions that are interdisciplinary and arts based.
Our school is:
- Public charter school associated with the West Las Vegas School District
- 110 students grades Kindergarten through 8th
- Emphasis on fine and performing arts and ecological studies
- A diverse student body in a rural, primarily Hispanic population
- 75% free or reduced lunch program
- Two campuses and adjacent Grow Dome greenhouse/learning space
- 9th year charter school, 8th year Expeditionary Learning program
Our ideal candidate would probably be: compassionate, energetic, visionary, a dedicated and collaborative educator, inspired by children, sensitive to their social and emotional needs, passionately dedicated to equity and access in education and the transformative value of a caring community, familiar with and dedicated to Expeditionary Learning approaches, interested in serving an educationally challenged and diverse population in a beautiful rurual nothern New Mexico landscape, enthused by the arts and by working toward ecological soltions, a strong manager, comfortable handling budgeting and financial matters (in conjunction with a contracted business manager/fiscal agent), committed to non-punitive mangement, academic coach, and able to work collaboratively.
The candidate must possess, or be able to obtain by August, an administrative license. The positive starts August, 2013, athough depending on availability there may be some opportunity for orientation in the months of May and June. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. Rio Gallinas School for Ecology and the Arts is an equal opportunity employer. Rio Gallinas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sex, age, veteran status or disability.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to the Search Committee at Rio Gallinas School: 301 Socorro St., Las Vegas, NM 87701. Letters of interest and resumes may also be mailed to Jennifer Dominguez at
; please get confirmation of email receipt.
Nuestros Valores Charter School
Nuestros Valores Charter School an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer is hiring for the following Certified position for the 2012-2013 school year:
High School Teacher - Full Time
Must hold appropriate licensure to teach Career Readiness Classes
Must have experience with Blackboard/Dual Enrollment
In order to be considered for any of the above positions, applicants must be licensed through the New Mexico Public Education Department in addition to have the appropriate endorsement(s), if applicable in each subject area.
Dual Certification is preferred for teaching positions, but not required.
Please send resumes and references to:
document.write( '' );
document.write( addy_text35759 );
document.write( '<\/a>' );
Moreno Valley High School
A teaching position has come open in the Math and Science department at Moreno Valley High School in Angel Fire, New Mexico. Applicant MUST possess New Mexico licensure in both math and science. Experience in teaching Advanced Placement classes is a plus. Please email resumes to Jacque Boyd at
or call Moreno Valley High School at 575-377-3100 for more information. The fulltime position opens on December 10. Interviews will begin immediately.
La Academia de Lengua y Cultura
La Academia de Lengua y Cultura, a small, highly successful, dual language charter school is seeking a .5 Special Education teacher. Responsibilities should include designing and/or adapting materials, and the educational environment to help meet a student's needs; consulting with teachers, parents, and other related personnel; evaluating the development levels, gross and fine motor functioning and self-help skills of the student. Applicant should be highly qualified in Special Ed and willing to work in a bilingual environment, support a dual language program/curriculum. Bi-lingual a plus. Competitive pay.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Erica Rivas at
or fax to 563-4260.
Accepting applications until 11/02/12.
School of Dreams Academy
School of Dreams Academy, 1800 Main St. NE, Los Lunas, NM 87031
Positions Available: Performing Arts/Music Teacher & Secondary Math Teacher
Qualifications: BA Degree (minimum), Valid NM Teaching License with Appropriate Endorsement, Must be highly qualified in the area of Instruction
Salary and Work Year: As established by School of Dreams current Teaching Salary Schedule
Deadline: Until filled
Requirements for Application: Please submit a School of Dreams Application to: 1800 Main St. NE, Los Lunas, NM 87031, www.sodacharter.com
SCHOOL OF DREAMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, SEX, MARITAL STATUS, OR HANDICAP IN COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS.
The Estancia Valley Classical Academy (EVCA)
Estancia Valley Classical Academy in Moriarty, NM, is accepting applications from highly qualified teachers of the arts. Our state-chartered school utilizes the classical, liberal arts model of rigorous curriculum with an emphasis on virtue. We are a Core Knowledge school. EVCA will open its doors to K-10th graders on August 27, 2012. We seek teachers for:
- Music (full-time) for K-6th (elementary level)- vocalist preferred
- Music (part-time) for Core Knowledge 7th and 8th upper-level choir
- Art (full-time) for K-6th (elementary level)
- Art (part-time) for Core Knowledge 7th and 8th art elective in the high school
Applicants must pass a criminal background check. Visit www.estanciavalleyclassical.com for more information. Email letter of interest, resume, college or university transcripts, 3 references, and 1-page statement on classical education to Dr. Larry Miller, EVCA Principal (
Public Academy for Performing Arts
Public Academy for Performing Arts has an open position for a part-time PE teacher from 7:45 am - 10:00 am Monday through Friday. Email a letter of interest, resume, and copy of current teaching license to:
Public Academy for Performing Arts seeks a Highly Qualified Secondary Teacher, with Science endorsement to teach Biology part-time. Email a letter of interest, resume and copy of New Mexico Teaching License(s) to:
. Position open until filled.
Public Academy for Performing Arts seeks a Highly Qualified Secondary Teacher, with Performing Arts endorsement to teach Piano and Musical Theater part-time. Email a letter of interest, resume and copy of New Mexico Teaching License(s) to:
. Position open until filled.
GOVERNING COUNCIL MEMBERS
Public Academy for Performing Arts (PAPA), a grade 6-12 Charter School, is seeking an energetic, educational visionary for their Governing Council. The chosen volunteer must be committed to serve at least 6 hours per month on work that includes promoting the goals of PAPA, seeking support from the greater community, and working with an administration on continuous improvement. Preference will be given to applicants with a background in one or more of the following: business, finance, real estate, government, fundraising, performing arts. If interested in supporting the academic and artistic dreams of PAPA students, send a letter and resume to Jennifer Lopez at
Albuquerque School of Excellence
Albuquerque School of Excellence is a state charter school serving 1st through 10th grades located in Northeast Albuquerque. We are currently recruiting dedicated educators for the following full-time positions. Bachelor's degree in a directly related field and NM teaching license are required. ASE offers a full Employee benefits package. Please e-mail your resume to:
Open Positions are: Assistant Principal, Math Teacher, Physical Education Teacher
South Valley Preparatory School
South Valley Preparatory School is looking to fill the following positions for the 2012 - 2013 school year.
- Certified Special Ed- Gifted endorsement or dual certification preferred but not required
- Math Teacher- must be highly qualified in Language Arts
Please send your resume to:
or fax to 505-222-5647
Anthony Charter School
Anthony Charter School, a small charter school located in Anthony, NM is seeking level II and level III teachers endorsed in NM for grades 7-12, in the following departments:
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Special Education
- PE (part time)
- Art (part time)
All interested HQT teachers encouraged to apply. Multiple endorsements a plus. Competitive salaries and benefits. Seeking NM licensed substitute teachers. TESOL and/or bilingual endorsement preferred. Basic computer knowledge a must. Email letter of interest, copies of licenses, and resume (including references) to:
. Positions open until filled.
Anansi Charter School
Anansi Charter School is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant. Required skills include: Strong computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, and database management; file management; and bookkeeping. Must have excellent organizational, communication, and people skills. Must know how to prioritize tasks, attend to details, and manage an office. This is a full time, year round position with benefits. Send resume and letter of intent to
or mail to P.O. Box 1709, El Prado 87529. No phone calls please. The deadline to submit is March 23, 2012. ACS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against gender, race, religion or ethnicity.